GET A FREE $10 GIFT VOUCHER IN YOUR ORDER
Spend over $50 and enter code    GIFT    at checkout

← All Notices

Safety Notice - Magnetic Discs


MAGNETIC DISC SAFETY

Please read: This notice contains important safety warnings and other safe usage information about the magnet products (such as LT7602) we stock here at Minimum World.
We urge you to read this notice carefully and ensure you understand it before purchasing or using any of our magnets.




MAGNET SAFETY

  • KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
  • Never put magnets in mouth. If swallowed, magnets can be forced together in the intestines or bowels, squeezing the tissue so that the blood supply is cut off. Ingesting magnets can cause significant internal damage within hours and be life-threatening. Seek medical attention immediately if you suspect a magnet has been swallowed!
  • Separate magnets by sliding one from the other using a sideways motion. Once separated, keep the free magnet moving away until a safe distance from the other(s) to avoid them snapping back together.
  • Do not “snap” magnets back together, this can cause them to break and broken pieces may fly off and cause injury.
  • Broken magnets can be sharp, so if you break a magnet then treat them as carefully as you would broken glass.
  • Always keep a safe distance (at least 10cm) between magnets and all objects that can be damaged by magnetism
  • Magnets can have a dangerous effect on medical implants such, as pacemakers. We do no recommend use of our magnets by, or near, a person fitted with a pacemaker (or similar medical device).
  • Our magnets are nickel-plated which can cause an allergic reaction in some people who are exposed to long-term contact with objects that release nickel. As a precaution, avoid long-term contact with nickel-plated magnets and totally avoid contact with nickel-plated materials if you already have a nickel allergy.
  • Magnets should always be disposed of carefully and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Under no circumstances should magnetic material be disposed into watercourses.


KEEP MAGNETS OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

If swallowed, magnets can be forced together in the intestines or bowels, squeezing the tissue so that the blood supply is cut off. Ingesting magnets can cause significant internal damage within hours and be life-threatening. They can also be choking hazards. Always keep magnets out of a child’s reach.

If you think your child has swallowed a magnet, take them straight to the nearest A&E (EMERGENCY) department or call 999 (UK) for an ambulance.







How to contact us

Please send any queries or comments by email to info@minimumworld.com, by completing a Contact Us form, or by writing to us at the address below:


Minimum World Ltd
Prospect House 2
Loddon Industrial Estate
Little Money Road
Loddon
Norwich
NR14 6JD
United Kingdom


If you are unable to resolve your query by these methods then you may reach our customer services team on (+44)(0)1508 528950 between the hours of 10am-3pm on Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays). Please note that any usual network charges will apply to calls from UK mobiles/landlines and additional call charges may apply to calls from international destinations.


This Notice was last updated on 22nd April 2022

Minimum World Ltd | Company Number 4508799 | UK VAT Number 847 1228 25